Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 3: Blue Hole NP, St. Herman's Cave and Cockscomb!


Hello!  Day 3 already of the Belize Field School and the students are doing great. We arrived to Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary this afternoon after a beautiful visit to the Blue Hole National Park and St. Herman’s cave. The class is staying in Cockscomb Reserve for 5 nights - leaving Friday morning for the cayes. More photos and stories of Cockscomb and their field work are coming tomorrow and through the week. 

After a catered traditional Maya supper from the Saqui's in Maya Center (and before their student presentations), students had a few minutes to send out messages and shout-outs below:

SHARLEEN: For Sharleen’s family. Hola a toda mi bella familia. Estoy muy bien gracias a Dios. La estamos pasando tan bien! Estoy loca por contarles todo lo que hemos explorado y aprendido. Me encanta!! Me hacen muchisima falta. Les envio a todos muchos besos y abrazos. Les ama, Sharleen M.

RUBY: For Ruby’s family: Hola! Tengo que decirles que esto esta pasao… Estamos literalmente en el medio de la jungla con Jaguares, Serpientes, cucarachas gigantezcas, mosquitos gigantes de todo… Deverdad que no se lo pueden  imaginar. Esto es una experencia que nunca imagine tener, y me esta probrando como persona. Pero estoy bien, hasta ahora, tratando de disfrutar lo mas que puedo con precaucion. Nada Pronto vuelvo. Te amo Joshua!<3

JOSE: For Jose Rivera family. Bendicion todo esta bien. Carlos le dices a papi que el favor que le pedi hoy domingo trate de hacerlo con calma si no  puede lograrlo alla en Mayaguez  que no se desepere por hacerlo eso es por si acaso pasa algo Acuerdate revisar mi email por si acaso llega algo importante. A Mami,Aby, Nilsa lo que escribio Ruby es verdad pero es cuando vamos de hiking y a ver el area. En el hospedaje no hay nada de leones ni cuacarachas gigantes. A todos saludos y cuando vean las fotos esten tranquilos no es lo que ustedes estan acostumbrados pero lo he disfrutado y no ha pasado nada malo, no voy a tener senal de cellular por las proxinas 4 noches incluyendo esta si logro tener me comunico.

ANGEL: Hey guys. Well, for a lab guy I’ve been pretty well. I’m getting used to the hiking and all the bugs. Oh, the places are beautiful, the food is great and camps are fantastic. I’ve never thought I would be swimming on rivers, catching HUGE giant cockroaches and climbing really tall mayan pyramids. So far, I’m not missing my micropipets!
Ahora en español, hola a todos. Espero que estén bien, yo la estoy pasando brutal aquí. Nunca pensé en meterme en ríos, coger cucarachas gigantes, nadar en cuevas con murciélagos y ponerme un escarabajo en la cara. Nada, pendientes a las fotos y nos vemos en varios días. ¡Nos vemos!
Att: Angel

ERRIN: Hey Mom,
Just dropping you a line to let you know I’m alive and doing well. I’m having a great time and everything we’ve done so far is awesome! I ate a termite yesterday! Weird right?  Anyways please tell everyone I’m doing good and miss everyone! Give my love to Ruger and Jake! Oh and thanks for the headlamp saved my life a time or two!
Love Errin

Hey mom, aunty, dad, all!
Just a quick hello and update..let me tell you this place is aMaZING! I’ve tracked through jungles, swam in rivers, and ate all the food I’d never eat back home…they have sopapillas here! Now we are stationed at this jaguar preserve center; straight jungle, Jurassic park style! Miss you all! Its going by fast, see you soon, love you and keep me in your prayers,
Ness

RHONDINE: Hi everyone – Its Rhondine- Looking forward to the next five days in the Cockscomb. All students are doing well.

BENJAMIN: Hey guys I hope you are all doing well, miss you tons! Everything is going just fine! So far so good no sickness! Sorry I can’t talk regularly, no service! I hope grandma is doing ok, please let everyone know I love/miss them.
Te amo, Benjamin Gonzales

Hola Papi feo y Lore los extraño mucho y eh tomado muchas fotos para enseñar les. Estoy bien, no me eh lastimado so no se preocupen me estoy cuidando. Beliz está muy bonito y nos dan de comer muy bien. Los quiero mucho y nos vemos muy pronto. 

-Susana

I’m having a blast! There is never a dull moment. There are even small lectures on the bus, which is a pleasant ride. I am learning a vast variety of biological things. And all the students and staff are really friendly. 
-Rene







4 comments:

  1. Damaris,I can tell your having a blast! Those pictures look nice....careful with the shadow lurker! I miss you...see you soon
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Sharleen:

    Princesa, me siento bien contento al verte en las fotos. Se que la estas pasando super. Me alegro mucho. No te imaginas lo emocionado que me siento. Jehova te bendiga. Te amo. Me llamas cuando puedas. Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saludos a todos: LLegue Hoy a Puerto Rico! Long story short, espero la pasen brutal!! Ya me siento bien!! se les quiere!! arriba Puerto RICO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saludos a team Lenny!!! saludos a Sarah, lenny, Rhodine y Ed..gracias por todo!!

    ReplyDelete